Parent Teacher Organization
The mission of the Rickard Elementary PTO is to develop closer connections between school and home by encouraging parent involvement to enhance the educational experience by supporting academic and enrichment activities, to improve the environment at our school by providing volunteer and financial support.
The PTO meets the 1st Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. in the Rickard teacher workroom. Meeting dates can vary depending on holidays, events, and if additional meetings are needed.
Past PTO activities include:
- Welcome Back BBQ
- Root Beer Float Social
- Snacks for classroom parties
- Family movie nights
- Taco John's Fundraiser
- Meals for teachers during conferences
- Teacher appreciation week activities
- End of school year parties
- Collecting Box Tops/Food Club points
PTO Fundraisers have raised money for the following things and more:
- New playground equipment
- Document cameras for classrooms
- Sound systems for classrooms
- Classroom books
- Landscaping around the front of the school
Any interested parents should join our group on Facebook Rickard Elementary School. If you'd like to contact the Rickard PTO, please email PTO President Lindsey Johnson at email@example.com or call 701-770-7538.